Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Finally on the way

We are in Toowoon Bay, about an hour's drive NORTH of Sydney....yes, we are driving in the right direction for the very first time - north is where the warmth is, and that's for us! See me having to wait for my dad who is waiting for my mum to catch up...c'mon...c'MON...I wanna go to the beach.

My mum is so happy to be in a northerly-heading caravan park that she's hugging me hard in this photo - ho hum - I get so many of those hugs that I could possibly share them around if needed.


And I can RUN, RUN, RUN...because this is Shelley Beach (our van park overlooks this beach) and it's leash-free for miles and miles. But notice the sand erosion? We've had lots of rain this winter which is quite unusual and the winds and rains have eaten away so much sand that in some of the coastal towns houses are teetering on their stumps.






I'm acting more responsibly here...didn't want to run myself into he ground on the first day. My mum also told me that my dad is a pretty old bloke now that he's "retired" and I don't want to make him chase me 'cos it might finish him off before we even start the trip.





AH! the end of another day in hell! I had a little snooze in my caravan bed while I let my dad talk to his friends on my 'puter...I was just soooo tired that I couldn't even do my blog. They make me stay in this bed all through the night...but I am allowed to come into the big bed providing it's daylight...and THEN my day can start again!
Love from Colin Harriesxx






2 comments:

  1. Holey Moley, Colin! You could run for miles and miles on that beach! It's just beautiful!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look snuggly under that blankie...

    ReplyDelete